South Jersey Pool Supplies
Just completed construction on your new Budd’s Pools and Spas pool? We consider you part of our family and provide the support you need to simply enjoy your pool from day one. Once your pool is completed and filled, a trained service professional comes and cleans your pool. We’ll then schedule a time to meet with you to orient you and give you detailed instructions on caring for, maintaining, and operating your new pool. We highly recommend that you videotape this 60 – 90 minute orientation session for future reference.
Own or just purchased a house with an existing in-ground pool and not sure how to care for it? Call on our experts for advice. Even if it’s not a Budd’s Pools & Spas installation, our service professionals offer dedicated orientation sessions with detailed instructions on how to maintain and operate your pool. Depending on your exact system, the orientation could take from 30 to 60 minutes and you’re encouraged to video tape the session for future reference.
We look forward to meeting you and becoming your pool service company. Call our service department at 856-845-9000 ext 401 to schedule your pool orientation session.
Budd’s Retail Store has everything you need to make owning your pool or spa an enjoyable experience. From toys and chemicals, to maintenance equipment and knowledge of the latest in pool technology, we have it all! With the largest parts department in the Delaware Valley, a knowledgeable and experienced staff, and a sincere commitment to customer service, we’re your one-stop, grab-and-go supply store for all you need to simply enjoy your pool. And, as a bonus, water testing is always FREE!
Water Testing Lab
Our water tests and professional advice are free! We use the latest innovative research and scientific findings to ensure your pool stays clear and safe throughout the summer. Our utmost concern is with the longevity of your pool and equipment so you can enjoy it for years to come!
Here are a few procedures we kindly ask you to follow throughout the summer:
1. Please come to our lab to test your water on a weekly basis. This will help us to ensure your pool stays chemically balanced and safe.
2. It is imperative that your pool water stays within the recommended parameters to ensure both safety for the swimmer and prolong the life expectancy of your equipment.
- Chlorine level: 2-3 ppm
- pH: 7.4-7.6
- Alkalinity: 90-120 ppm
- Calcium hardness: 200-400 ppm
Our chemists will recommend the precise amount of chemicals to ensure these levels are met. We will also provide recommendation of chlorine tablets (or chlorine generation via salt system), algaecide, and shock to dose your pool. We also recommend to run your filter 24 hours for optimal filtration.
3. We ask that you follow our chemical recommendations in the order we prescribe to maximize the effect on your pool water and assure no unwanted chemical reactions occur. We proudly recommend using our line of Regal Chemicals. These USA manufactured chemicals were researched and chosen for their purity, quality, and affordability. Always add the chemical to water, and NEVER water to chemical. Do NOT mix chemicals together. A fire or violent reaction may result.
4. Make sure your skimmer and pump baskets stay free of leaves and debris. Vacuuming and brushing weekly is required to keep your pool surface clean and equipment working efficiently.